Thursday, May 10, 2012

St. Anthony...the Greatest Sleuth of All.

The following is my true encounter with St. Anthony who is an extremely powerful saint. Call on him anytime you are in trouble. He is the patron of finding lost things, a marriage partner, and for anything else. He is what I call a general saint.
After my account is his novena. Please remember to call on him whenever needed! To make it easier here is site with a list of prayers to him. I used the novena prayer to St. Anthony which is at the end of my story. Don't worry he will find you. xxxJoyce

St. Anthony really does find and return things to us! I lost a very sentimental and valuable piece of jewelry that my mother gave me..it was gone for over a year...I even ran ads in local papaers, without any response. I realized that I lost it when I was on a trip to Florida, and resigned myself to never seeing it again.  Then, one night, when I got up to go to the bathroom, around 3 am, a little voice told me to look in a certain drawer...a drawer that I had emptied and checked many times...I reluctantly looked where the voice told me to look, and guess what?!!  There it was. Yes...I knew that St. Anthony had gone to get it for me, and had returned it to me. xxxo Joyce Keller


O holy St. Anthony, you are known for the power and abundance of your miracles. Jesus came into your arms as a humble little child. Pray for me to the Child Jesus for my needs and desires…

 (Mention your intentions)

In imitation of our Lord, you have great mercy and compassion for sinners. Pay no attention to my worthiness, but instead ask God to show His glory through the answer of my requests.

St. Anthony, you cooperated with the grace of God in a radical way with your life. You gave everything to Christ and to your neighbor. Your life glorified God!

You are an example of holiness that I will try to follow.

You are in heaven praising God with a particular closeness to the King of Kings. With your seat of honor, please beg God to both answer my request and bring me to eternal rest with you.

Pray one Our Father,
one Hail Mary, and
Glory Be to the Father, in honor of Saint Anthony.

Saint Anthony, pray for us!

Amen.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Joyce,

Thank you for posting this! Growing up as a child I was always a very faithful devotee of St. Anthony. Whenever something went lost in the house my mother (RIP) would come to me and say "Talk to St Anthony, you have a bond with him" Since I always found what was lost. She always said he was on my side. As of late I have rekindled my faith with him. I was looking for prayers in his name so thanks for sharing!

God bless,

Maria

Unknown said...

Joyce I listened to you condemn the suicidal on Coast to Coast AM. Referring to them as sadistic and selfish. Is that what you tell a mother about a child she has lost to despair ? Add to her devastation by calling him/her sadistic and selfish ? That botox has gone to your brain cell and heart. I have no idea who you are as I don't live in US. So googled and landed here. St Anthony of Padua was my patron as a child. Finding the lost. Pray he find those lost to despair too and don't be such an insensitive, callous, selfish and sadistic bitch ? Does that feel good ? No.

Think next time. A child may be listening - like the One Anthony is speaking to.

Caoimhin (Ireland)